Polygraph Careers & Announcements
City of Phoenix Job Opening
The city of Phoenix is in the process of recruiting a full time police polygrapher.
Contact: Ofc. Scott Stout
Polygraph Examiner with Phoenix PD, Phoenix AZ
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Phoenix Police Department is looking for a Polygraph Examiner to prepare, administer, and evaluate polygraph examinations for pre-employment screening of Police employees, intra-departmental investigations, and criminal cases. Duties include performing routine maintenance on polygraph equipment, analyzing examination charts, and occasionally serving as an expert court witness. Polygraph Examiners also conduct tests for other jurisdictions, including out-of-state law enforcement agencies and court stipulated cases. Professional knowledge, previously attained techniques, polygraph skills and considerable good judgment must be exercised in all phases of examination and analysis.
This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
Recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$27.54 (minimum) - $41.06 (maximum) hourly / $57,283 - $85,405 annually.
Appointment can be made above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
Comprehensive benefits package includes: 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, 15 sick days, free bus/light rail pass, traditional pension and 457/401 plans, tuition reimbursement upon hire, choice of Blue Cross/Blue Shield or Cigna HMO, PPO. For more details, visit:
- Three years of experience in public safety investigative work.
- One year of experience administering polygraph examinations, preferably in law enforcement.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are bilingual in Spanish.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are graduates of an accredited polygraph school approved or recognized by the American Polygraph Association (APA) or the American Association of Police Polygraphists (AAPP).
- Only the highest qualified will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please visit: https://employee.phoenix.gov/Documents/Employment_Information.pdf
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Center at (602) 262-6277.
Polygraph Examiner, JC: 62380, ID# 18401, 4/28/2016, 6M, DD, Benefits: 007, Q
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer; our employees demonstrate superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
San Diego Police Department
Posted Date: April 23, 2014
The San Diego PD has extended the filing deadline for the Interview and Interrogation Specialist Position. All applications must be submitted online no later than May 6, 2014. Applicants need to include three PF files. One DI, one NDI, and one NO. These should be sent to San Diego City Human Resources. Applicants must show proof of graduation from an APA accredited polygraph school.
For further information call or email: 760-427-8975 or firstname.lastname@example.org